2019 STIHL TS 500i
The world's first fuel injected cut-off saw with a 14" cutting wheel
The STIHL TS 500i is designed for superior handling during the toughest jobs. Featuring the handheld outdoor power equipment industry's first electronically controlled fuel injection system, the TS 500i increases power by 17% and cutting speed by 15%, as compared to the STIHL TS 420. The low-emission fuel injected cut-off saw provides optimal torque throughout the rpm range. No carburetor means no choke needed - just purge and pull the start cord!
- Displacement (cc): 72.2
- Performance kW: 3.9
- Weight (kg / lbs) 1): 10.2 / 22.5
- Cutting wheel (in/mm): 14 / 350
- Cutting wheel mm: 350
- STIHL Injection (i): The electronically controlled fuel injection ensures an excellent performance and reduced fuel consumption compared to other tools without a fuel injection system.
- Pre-separation air filtration system: STIHL long-life air filtration systems with pre-separation achieve perceptibly longer filter life compared with conventional filter systems. Air drawn in is swirled. The larger, heavier particles are ejected. The pre-cleaned air is routed to the air filter via the pre-separator duct.
- Reduced-emission engine technology: 2-stroke engine with stratified charge. A fuel-free layer of air is created between the burned charge in the combustion chamber and the fresh charge in the crankcase, reducing the amount of fuel lost during the charge cycle. This results in more power with a lower weight, up to 20% lower fuel consumption than regular 2-stroke engines and significantly reduced exhaust emissions.
- Semi automatic V-belt tensioning: Light, consistent re-tensioning increases the service life of the belts and shaft bearings.
- Anti-vibration system: Intense vibration at the handles of power tools can lead to long-term effects on blood vessels in the hands and arms. STIHL has therefore developed an effective anti-vibration system whereby the oscillations from the machine's engine are dampened which significantly reduces vibrations at the handles.
- STIHL ElastoStart: STIHL ElastoStart reduces the shock caused by the compression of the engine during starting. The compression shock is taken away from the user's joints and muscles through a spring or rubber element in the starter handle.
- Decompression valve: The decompression valve allows some of the compression pressure in the cylinder to escape, so less force on the starter rope is needed.
- Engine Size
- 72.2 cc
- 3.9 kW
- 10.2 kg (22.5 lb.)
- Blade Size
- 14 in. (350 mm)