2019 STIHL MS 170
Compact gas chain saw for property maintenance
The MS 170 is a light, powerful chain saw for homeowner use. This unit is ideal for cutting firewood, trimming small trees and general clean-up tasks around the home or cottage. It includes many features like the STIHL Quickstop® inertia chain brake, Master Control Lever™ and anti-vibration system. This saw offers professional quality for a great price.
- Displacement (cc): 30.1
- Power output kW: 1.3
- Weight (kg / lbs) 1): 4.0 / 8.8
- Featured price bar (in): 16
- STIHL anti-vibration system: Precisely calculated buffer zones minimise the transfer of engine and saw chain vibrations to the front and rear handles. The chainsaw therefore runs noticeably smoother. This allows the user to save their strength and work longer.
- Compensator: This controller in the carburettor prevents the fuel-air mixture getting richer as the air filter becomes clogged. The correct quantity of fuel is delivered to the carburettor depending on the quantity of air passing through the air filter. This keeps the fuel/air ratio in the combustion mixture constant and hence also the engine power. The filter doesn't need to be cleaned until an appreciable drop in power occurs.
- STIHL Ematic System: Compared to conventional bars without Ematic, the STIHL Ematic system reduces the consumption of chain lubricant by up to 50 %, depending on the type of wood and the cutting attachment used. This system comprises a STIHL Ematic or Ematic S guide bar, a STIHL Oilomatic saw chain and a variable-flow or reduced-flow oil pump. As a result, virtually every drop of chain lubricant is delivered to exactly the right spot.
- Single-lever master control: All important functions such as start, choke, throttle and stop are operated via a single lever.
- 30.1 cc
- Horse Power
- 1.3 kW
- 4.0 kg (8.8 lb.)