2019 STIHL FS 40
Modern and convenient. Ideal for around-the-garden trimming tasks.
The FS 40 is a lightweight curved shaft trimmer, powered by an advanced low-emission engine, for homeowner use. Featuring a TapAction™ AutoCut® C 5-2 cutting head for easy line refilling and a stop switch, which automatically returns to start position for easier operation. High fuel efficiency coupled with exceptional stability, make this trimmer friendly to the operator and to the environment.
- Displacement (cc): 27.2
- Weight (kg / lbs) 1): 4.4 / 9.7
- 2-stroke reduced-emission engine technology: 2-stroke engine with stratified charge. A fuel-free layer of air is created between the burned charge in the combustion chamber and the fresh charge in the crankcase, reducing the amount of fuel lost during the charge cycle. This results in more power with a lower weight, up to 20% lower fuel consumption than regular 2-stroke engines and significantly reduced exhaust emissions.
- Loop handle (R): The loop handled grass trimmers and brushcutters are ideal for working in areas where space is limited, e.g. thinning between bushes and shrubs.
- Simplified starting system: Simply set the choke, pump the fuel primer, pull the starter cord and away you go! The running machine then switches off after a brief press of the stop button. Once the machine is at a standstill, the ignition activates again automatically. Thus the ignition is always ready for starting.
- Multi-function control handle: Easy, comfortable thumb-operated control means the operator's hand never leaves the handle.
- 27.2 cc
- 4.4 kg (9.7 lb.)